The Gospel Parables of Jesus
I’ve divided the parables of Jesus into 4 groups that make sense to me:
(Group 1) They tell us how the gospel of God’s Kingdom works in us.
(Group 2) They tell us about the importance of the gospel of God in our lives.
(Group 3) They tell us how Abba Father God relates to us personally in his gospel.
(Group 4) They tell us about judgment in the Kingdom of God, which is post-gospel.
If it is marked ‘video’, it is ready!
Otherwise, you can read the text without the video.
(Check back for the video — more will be added soon)
(Group 1) How the Gospel of God’s Kingdom Works In Us
1. The Parable of the Sower (video)
2. The Parable of the Wheat and the Weeds (video)
3. The Parable of the Mustard Seed (video)
4. The Parable of the Leaven or Yeast (video)
5. The Parable of Automatic, Spontaneous Growth (video)
6. The Parable of the Wise and Foolish Builders (video)
7. The Parable of the Good Samaritan (video)
8. The Parable of the Children at Play (video)
9. The Parable of the Unprepared Builder (video)
10. The Parable of the Warrior King (video)
11. The Parable of the Empty House (video)
12. The Parable of A Servant’s Duty (Video)
13. The Parable of the Dishonest Servant
14. The Parable of Taking the Lowest Place
15. The Parable of the Pharisee and the Tax Collector
16. The Parable of the Two Debtors
17. The Parable of the Divided Inheritance
18. The Parable of Salt, Lights and Lamps
19. The Parable of the Vine and the Branches
20. The Parable of the Two Sons
(Group 2) The Importance of the Gospel of God In Our Lives
21. The Parable of the Hidden Treasure
22. The Parable of the Pearl
23. The Parable of the Groom and the Groomsmen
24. The Parable of the Patch On the Garment
25. The Parable of the Wine and the Wine Skins (Bottles)
26. The Parable of the Homeowner: Old and New Things
(Group 3) How God Relates to Us Personally In His Gospel
27. The Parable of the Lost Sheep
28. The Parable of the Lost Coin
29. The Parable of the Wayward Son
30. The Parable of the Older Brother
31. The Parable of the Workers and Their Hours
32. The Parable of the Talents (or Gold Coins)
33. The Parable of the Wedding Banquet
34. The Parable of the Unforgiving Servant
35. The Parable of the Friend At Midnight
36. The Parable of the Widow and the Unjust Judge
(Group 4) Judgment in the Kingdom of God
NOTE: there are 5 judgment parables,
but only the last one, #41, is final judgment.
37 through 40 are more warnings than actual judgment.
This is like the plagues of God on Egypt:
the first nine were warnings, only the last one was actual judgment.
This shows the vastness of the grace and mercy of God!
37. The Parable of the Rich Man and the Beggar
38. The Parable of the Tenants in the Vineyard
39. The Parable of the Wise and Foolish Girls
40. The Parable of the Barren Fig Tree
41. The Parable of the Last Judgment (Sheep and Goats)
A Vision I Had About Life After Death
God says we MUST believe and live his gospel!
He did not give us a choice! He didn’t intend to!
(The scriptures below are very pointed and direct)
The Parables were Jesus’s way of telling us about his gospel!
For a fuller, more in depth revelation, he appointed Paul,
who wrote over 1/2 the New Testament explaining the gospel.
When you come right down to it, most of the New Testament
is all about the gospel that God sent Jesus to bring us!
Consider the following scriptures with a very open heart:
Mark 1:14-15: Jesus says we must discard all other beliefs and only believe his gospel.
John 3:36 says we must (1) believe in Jesus, but also (2) believe the Son: what he says (his gospel).
Deuteronomy 18:15-19: God predicted the gospel message of Jesus to Moses.
Here it says that God will REQUIRE us to believe it.
Acts 3:23-26 repeats this message of God to Moses, and here it goes further and says we will be JUDGED for not believing and living the gospel. It says we’ll be ‘destroyed,’ whatever this means. We’re also told WHY it is so important to God for us to believe the gospel: it is his method to BLESS us.
Romans 2:16 says the secrets of our hearts (our beliefs) will be judged by the gospel.
II Thessalonians 1:7-9 quotes Paul as saying Jesus will return with his angels in flaming fire to JUDGE those who do not believe and obey (meaning live) his gospel.
The GOSPEL must be preached in all the world before the end will come (Matt 24:14). It’s so important even angels preach it to people on earth (Rev 14:6). God sends them to preach it!
Most folks are concerned about being judged for SIN.
But Jesus came to ‘put away sin,’ and to ‘become sin for us.’
The New Testament talks about us being judged
for our BELIEFS… our non-gospel beliefs… not for sin.